Food For Thought..

Jesus became your sin, absorbed God's wrath, died the death you deserve, and rose again to give you life. This is gospel.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

The First of Many..

First off, thank you, whoever you may be, for visiting the blog. You either care what I'm thinking, or you came out of sympathy, but, either way, I'm so thankful again for the view. What I would like to do is start every post with the title, "Have You Ever". So, if you continue to stop by, you know now why my first sentence may not always make perfect sense. I'm not exactly sure why I'm doing this, the explanation or the blog.. but here we are so... let's enjoy the ride, eh? "Live your life!" - Kyle Ouber. 

..thought about how open you really are at any given moment? What is freedom? Honestly? Think of your BEST friend. The one person that you tell EVERYthing and who knows EVERYthing about you. Do you really tell them everything? Can you think of any moments when you withheld even the smallest piece of a story just to keep them from.. (insert reasoning here, i.e. knowing your true motives). Why is that? Why is it that we can never be completely open with anyone? What is comfort? What is sincerity? What is real?

The reason I ask is, well, because of the blog. I'll show friends this blog, the out to jot down all my thoughts. If my friends read ALL my thoughts, therein lies the problem. Why am I afraid of complete transparency? This, though, raises a question. Is complete honesty called for? Is there supposed to be a person that knows every single thing we think, do, or say? One might say a spouse, but when does the trust factor become complete? When do we decide that person is "worthy" enough for such a position in our lives or that we can entrust them with the depths of our beings? The problems of this world could resolve themselves if the people inhabiting it would let go of what they keep bottled up inside. If you agree, then why do we continue to do so? Most importantly, why don't we run to the One who knows everything about us prior to our rambling of it? We serve an incomparably, thrice-holy God, yet He is jealous for those who hate Him. We spit in His face, hang Him on a cross, and earn our judgment DAILY, but He says, "what sin?" Unbelievable. His love is endless. His love has no limitations. He drowns us in oceans of grace. He awaits our awakening in the mornings and serves us mercy in bed, talk about a gourmet breakfast, huh? He is JEALOUS for us. "Hey, Ryan, I'm over here. I know you're doing your thing and being disobedient and stuff, I'm not okay with it, but I love you, nonetheless. Look at Me, please! I'm so much more fulfilling. I bring so much more satisfaction. Yeah, that stuff is fun for you for now, but, in the end, it has to do just that.. end. It will leave you empty. It will leave you bare. It will leave you in worlds of regret, but My grace is sufficient. You'll come back to Me, son.. I'll wait." I had no intentions of discussing "religious matters", but it happens, right? Did you know you would have to play 20 questions when you read this blog? sweet, play me off, Johnny!

No comments:

Post a Comment